Thursday 24 January 2013

REVIEW: Experiment in Terror #2 and #2.5 by Karina Halle


Red Fox by Karina Halle

(Experiment in Terros #2)

5 STARS


Goodreads Blurb:


With Book Two of the Experiment in Terror Series, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray trade in the stormy Oregon coast for the unforgiving deserts of New Mexico.

In the for­got­ten town of Red Fox, a Navajo cou­ple is tor­tured by things unseen and by motives unknown. Wild ani­mals slink through their house in the dark, a bar­rage of stones pound their roof nightly, and muti­lated sheep car­casses are turn­ing up on their prop­erty. Armed with a cam­era and just enough to go on, Perry and Dex travel to the des­o­late locale, hop­ing to film the super­nat­ural occur­rences and add cred­i­bil­ity to their flail­ing web­cast. Only their show has a lot more work­ing against them than just grow­ing pains. Tested by dubi­ous ranch hands, a ghost from Dex’s past, and shapeshift­ing decep­tion, the ama­teur ghost hunters must learn to trust each other in order to fight the most ancient of myths…or die trying.


My Review:


I enjoyed first book in Experiment in Terror series Darkhouse (you can read my review HERE) a lot, but Red Fox was even better. Events in this books were more dangerous but I have to admit that it was less scary for me. However, I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I loved Perry's humour and sarcasm. I loved her thinking and inner thoughts. I loved tension between Perry and Dex. I just love Perry! She is awesome character and I would like to thank author for creating her.

Dex was even more confusing than in first book but I love him even more now. He is such a unique character and I cannot get enough of him. I love his sarcastic side, I love his crazy-without-medication side, I love his protective side, I love his sexy-singing side... I have not been so enthralled by some character in very long time!

Enough of my rambling, just go and read these series yourself!!!

_______________________________________________


The Benson by Karina Halle

(Experiment in Terror #2.5)

5 STARS


Goodreads Blurb:


An Experiment in Terror Novella (#2.5).

This short story/novella sees amateur Youtube ghost-hunters, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray, investigating the real-life hauntings of Portland's infamous Benson Hotel. It occurs between books #2 (Red Fox) and #3 (Dead Sky Morning) and is the perfect primer for anyone interested in the EIT series.


My Review:


Perry and Dex are ghost hunters and these series are hunting ME. Recently, I have been constantly thinking about characters and about what is happenning with them in these books. I like how "relationship" between Perry and Dex is progressing and I love them both more and more with every single word I read about them.

I am not going to write long review. I am just going to say that I love Karina Halle's style of writing and I immediately need more of Dex and Perry so I am on to next book.

And a little warning, Benson is short but soo ghostly scary... It was perfect!
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.