Thursday 5 September 2013

REVIEW: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

(Lux series #4)

Genre: YA Paranormal

Purchase: Amazon / B&N


Goodreads Blurb:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?

  * 5 STARS * Review:




Origin is a turning point in Lux series. This is not a childlish game anymore. Everything is more dangerous and more serious than ever before. Everyone had to pick sides and say goodbye to the content life they once had known. Full of action, Origin is the best part in series so far!

My Daemon:

My Katy:

I loved dual POV. In this book, Daemon is in his best confident-self. He is snarky. He is determined. He will do ANYTHING to get his Kitten back. I absolutely loved how badass Daemon was in this instalment, he is definitely one of my all time favourite bookish heroes, if not the best!

I was shocked and speecheles once I found out what "origin" truly means. Action in this book blew my mind! Lux series is without a doubt the best YA paranormal series I have ever read, it is just so epic! I could not put it down, Origin was pure perfection.

And Katy's and Daemon's relationship? It matured, got stronger and I was swooning over them all the time. I loved everything about this book. The good, the bad, everything. Kudos to Jennifer L. Armentrout for creating this amazing story. I wish I had final instalment already!


author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.