Saturday 30 May 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES: May 2015

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.




BORROWED AND GIFTED:




After reading Something Real by Heather Demetrios earlier this year, I had an urge to re-read 1984. When I came across english version in my local library recently, I knew I had to borrow it. And I have to admit that I enjoyed it much better than I did when reading it as a teenager for high school assignement.


I got surprise package with signed copy of this great contemporary fiction story. Thank you Mrs. Elks!



ADDED ON WATTPAD:


The Lexie Project (Something Real #2) by Heather Demetrios

"Publishing and the way we read is changing, and I knew Lexie’s story was a perfect vehicle to embrace social media platforms as a way to actually tell a story, not just talk about it. … The YA fandom is amazing and I want to give them a chance to be part of the storytelling process. … Now, I have so many more tools at my disposal. Yes, I’m writing a serialized book on Wattpad. But I’m also posting YouTube videos, sharing images, having my character respond to real-world events in real-time through blog posts and tweets and images. The story is only loosely plotted — Lexie’s at the helm and the readers will help her steer." - Heather Demetrios

This is such an exciting and refreshing idea! I really liked Lexie in Something Real #1 and can't wait to follow her story online. Read more about project HERE. Follow Heather Demetrios on WATTPAD.


ARCs FOR REVIEW:


.





PURCHASED E-BOOKS (READ):


...


Pucked is without the doubt the most entertaining adult contemporary story I have had a pleasure of reading. It is pointless to retell the storyline, you have to experience it yourself to understand its charm. Aim of this story is to entertain, and entertain it did. Would I recommend this novel? Humor is relative. What I find funny, you do not have to. But for me, Pucked will forever be my top favorite funny book. So answer is yes, I do recommend this novel. Especially if you're looking for crazily good entertainment!


DNF at 26%. This book is a proof that having Jamie Fraser (Outlanderpresent in a story does not guarantee a good read. I tried, but I could not get into this novel. Instead, I was bored through out all 26% I managed to read. If you want light contemporary self-discovery story, got for it. But if you are looking for profound and engaging story, I would suggest looking elsewhere.


Surprisingly, I wasn't bothered by all that teenage drama and naivity that this novel presented. On contrary, it felt quite realistic. However, this story didn't touch me in any way, it didn't have any impact on me. Still, First There Was Forever was a decent YA read.


I truly enjoyed this one and read it in one sitting. I definitely plan to read more by this author in the future! Read more detailed reviews at Nereyda's blog Mostly YA Book Obsessed or at Sydney's blog A Daring Adventure.



MAY REVIEWS ON THE BLOG:


...





_____________________________________________

Did you miss any of my features posted this month?
Here is the list. Fell free to check them out :)


_____________________________________________

What to look forward to?

Due to my family vacation I will be on temporary blogging hiatus next month. But I have new special topic for Two Quick Reviews feature ready for you when I come back so stay tuned.

_____________________________________________

WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
 HAVE YOU READ ANY OF ABOVE MENTIONED BOOKS?
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.