Saturday 28 November 2015

WHAT I READ AND BLOGGED ABOUT IN NOVEMBER

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.



WORD COUNT: 838 695


According to How Long to Read I read 838 695 words in November. Considering that I was in reading slump and DNFied couple of books (which are not included here) I am content.



EBOOKS (READ):

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

..
..

Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman (3 STARS)
I enjoyed this YA historical novel but I wasn't blown away. Full review closer to release date. 

Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3) by Moira Young (2.5 STARS)
I am glad this series is over. Yeah, not the most flattering thing to say but that is how I feel at the moment. After amazing first book, sequel and final book just didn't live up to my expectations at all. Full review next month.

The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan (2 STARS)
The Game Plan started in interesting way. It doesn’t happen very often that we have honest and kind 24 years old virgin as a hero of NA contemporary romance. But as soon as novelty of such hero wore off, I found myself bored with actual plot and I had to push myself to finish this book. Writing was okay but story was kind of pointless in my opinion.  

Hello? by Liza Wiemer (4 STARS)
Young Adult realistic fiction at its best. Read my full review HERE.

Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (3 STARS)
I loved the setting, authentic period dialogues and how action-driven this novel was. However, characters missed the mark for me and sadly there wasn't any connection between me and them.  

Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie (5 STARS)
Very emotional conclusion to one-of-a-kind series! Full review next week.



DNF-IED BOOKS:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

.

I expected story heavy on angst that would give me all the feels but all I got was boring story and couple with no chemistry.

Even those 30% I managed to read felt like colossal waste of my time.  Full review coming soon.



RE-READ BOOKS:

(pictures are linked to my full reviews)

.

I was in the huge reading slump at the beginning of the month so when I found out about group re-read of first two books in Red Rising trilogy, I decided to join in. Re-read of my favorites always helps me to get out of my reading slump. Moreover, my mom was reading both books this month for the first time so I wanted to experience it all over again with her!



FUTURE READS:

(recommended by other bloggers)


After reading these spectacular and persuasive reviews by Megan @Reading Books Like a Boss blog and Bethany @Lit Slave blog I knew that I have to dive into Station Eleven as soon as possible. If everything goes according to the plan, I should read it next month and I can't wait!



WHAT DID YOU MISS THIS MONTH?


I finally manned up and posted new editions for most of my blog features (Blurb LoveNo More Waiting and Life Changing Reads). I neglected these features during summer but I plan to post more of them in upcoming months. Here is a list of my November posts:






WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF ABOVE MENTIONED BOOKS?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.